FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What are Golden Peacock Awards?
Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by Institute Of Directors in 1991, are now regarded as Holy Grail of corporate excellence worldwide.
Today Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat receives over 1,000 entries per year for various National and Global awards, from several countries worldwide. The achievement of the Golden Peacock Award is the most powerful way to build the brand image. The Award winners are eligible to use the GP Awards logo on all printed and promotional materials for the next one year, which evidences to all its customers and suppliers the highest accolade acclaimed by the company. No business award today receives the kind of recognition and adulation among peers that the Golden Peacock does.
2. Are the Golden Peacock Awards recognized nationally and internationally?
Golden Peacock Awards are being recognized both nationally and internationally across the globe. The Golden Peacock Awards provide not only worldwide recognition and prestige but a competitive advantage in driving business in this tumultuous world. Each award winner is entitled to use the Golden Peacock logo on all promotional literatures for next one year, which evidences to all its customers and suppliers the highest accolade acclaimed by the company.
3. Whether both Corporate and Individual can apply for these awards?
Only Corporate can apply for these awards based on the prescribed guidelines and application form available on website. But individual awards are being considered by nomination only. Should you wish to apply for any individual leadership award, please send us your complete profile. There is no prescribed criteria for this. This can be sent through email or post. There is no fee for individual nominations and they will be kept in strict confidence.
4. How frequently these awards are being considered in a year?
The Golden Peacock Awards are considered annually for each single category. They are considered once in a year (different times in a year and few at a time). Pl go through the schedule (please follow the tab: Select your Award or as on home page) as available on web and plan accordingly.
5. Who can apply for the Golden Peacock Awards?
All organizations, however large, medium or small, whether in manufacturing, trading service or profession, whether in Government, public or private sector, research organization, NGOs and Service Sector covering all sectors of our business are eligible for the award.
6. Why should we apply for the Golden Peacock Awards?
The Golden Peacock Awards are now recognized as the hallmark of corporate excellence worldwide, because of their independence, integrity, transparency. And, through evaluation of application provides opportunity for self-assessment and helps companies accelerate the performance and competition. Winning and getting recognition not only boosts the morale of an organization or a team or an individual concerned for their best of best performance, but also establishes the credibility of an organization or individual.
7. What is the procedure for applying for the Golden Peacock Awards?
Step 1: Please select your award that you would like to apply for.
Step3: Please complete the application and Questionnaire (Self-Appraisal Report), put them in a binding form and send to us along with the processing fee before the due date as notified.
8. Can we apply for multiple entries at a time?
Yes, you could submit for any no number of applications in a year or at a time for various categories.
9. We are a unit based organization. Can our all units apply at a time or only one has to apply?
Your all units can apply separately to create competitiveness within the organization. You may also consider one application by combining the reports and performances of all units.
10. We would like to apply for Innovative Product / Service or Eco-Innovation Award .But we have done multiple innovations. Can we submit one application by combining all innovations?
No, Each innovation has to be submitted separately under this category of award because this award identifies innovation of a particular product or service.
11. What are the benefits to the organization?
This is the only award, which has meticulously defined and transparent selection criteria and is determined by highly elaborate and independent assessment process. The benefits include:
12. When can we apply for a particular Golden Peacock Awards?
The deadlines for submission of applications vary from award to award categories. The last date is not same for each category of award. You can select your award that you would like to apply for, based on your business and performance over the previous financial year. You can check the last date on web www.goldenpeacockaward.com and apply accordingly. There is no particular time to submit before the deadline. You could submit your application any time pertaining to the financial year well in advance before the due date.
13. Is the Demand Draft/Cheque for the prescribed fee needed to be sent along with the application or can be sent later?
The Demand Draft/Cheque for the fee must be sent along with the application. Whereas the payment is made through Bank Transfer or Credit Card, this is not required.
14. Can we submit the application online? Can we submit the application through e-mail or is it necessary to send the hard copy?
All Global applications need to be submitted through email (Soft Copy) and all National categories need to be submitted in the form of hard copy along with a soft copy (The application should be in proper binding form).
However when you are meeting the deadline for national categories, they can be submitted through e-mail to avoid the delay. But the hard copy should be sent afterwards.
This is applicable only in special cases when such arrangements have been made with the Secretariat with prior intimation.
15. What is the deadline for the submission of application?
Each Award has its own deadlines for the submission of applications as various awards are presented throughout the year during national and international conferences organized by the Institute Of Directors (IOD).
16. What are Global and National Awards and who can apply?
The Golden Peacock Awards are in two categories:
Any organization, however large, medium or small, whether in manufacturing, trading service or profession, whether in Government, public or private sector, research organization, NGOs and Service Sector covering tourism, telecommunication, construction, professional consultancies, financial institutions etc. are eligible for the award.
17. What are the current National and Global Golden Peacock Awards?
18. How many Awards are normally given under each category?
Awards are normally being considered under various business sectors to create intra sector competitiveness, only after they are shortlisted for the same. The business sectors are available on web. However the decision of the Jury is final.
19. How are the Awards presented to the Winners?
The presentation of awards is normally held during national and international conferences organized by the IOD. All organizations are encouraged to publicize their achievements and to share their initiatives with others.
20. What all are required with regard to submission of applications and what else needs to be submitted along with the application?
The Application along with the enclosures and supporting materials may be covering the following:
The Cover page the award you are applying for Table of contents Basic Information (as per annexure 1 enclosed) Business Overview Three to five pages summary, providing outline of the applicant’
a) This report will be based on questionnaire as per annexure-3 attached. The guidelines consist of a set of questions which when answered, duly supported by the objective evidence, would help in appreciating the extent of excellence achieved by the applicant.
b) Support material :- Support material may be derived from self-assessment of the organization’s activities. This information must be closely aligned with the Award assessment criteria’s. The criterion is carefully and deliberately phrased in non-prescriptive terms, to allow you the freedom to present self-assessment information which is relevant to your specific situation.
Please note the responses should be in brief. Irrelevant answers / responses should be avoided.
21. Who chairs the Jury?
1. Global Chairman - Rt. Hon. Sir Richard Needham (The Earl of Kilmorey PC), Non-Executive Director, NEC Europe Ltd. & Chairman-Advisory Group, STERN UK
22. What about the site visit? Is it necessary, mandatory or is it left to the applicant or the jury? Who will pay for their travel and accommodation expenses?
Site visit is not necessary unless and otherwise asked by Jury because our Self-Appraisal report is very exhaustive and it covers all the areas. Site visit is mandatory if it is asked by the Jury. The visit plan is at the discretion of Awards Assessment Board or Jury .These are organized to verify that written submission truly reflects organization’s system and process, and to investigate areas that may be difficult to describe in a short document, and to determine additional facts where appropriate. The cost of the site visits for an Assessor shall be borne by the applicant companies and includes Economy return fare or 2nd Class Rail Travel and Stay for one night, as requires.
23. Is it necessary to respond to every section of the questionnaire even if any of the sections is not under the purview of the company? Do we lose out on that?
No, there may be few questions which are not relevant or applicable to you and in those cases, you are requested to put the remarks as "NA" with a note why it is not applicable to you. It doesn't lower any marks as you will be competing with industries those who are from your respective category.
24. How can I download the application form from the website?
Go to our website www.goldenpeacockaward.com and click on Application Forms tab and you can download the application form.
25. How should we fill up the Basic Information in the application and what should be applicant organization address (in case, the company has many units all over India)?
Basic Information should be filled up as per the guidelines. The address of the applicant organization must be for the Unit that you are submitting your application and supporting documents.
26. Who all are your past winners and how can I access them?
The list of the past winners is available on www.goldenpeacockaward.com.
27. What is the procedure for the nomination of Individual Leadership Awards? How and when will they be considered?
Individual awards are considered by nomination only. There is no prescribed criterion for the same. You are kindly requested to send the detailed profile of the applicant with list of all achievements to us any time during the year. There is no any stipulated time to consider the nomination. They will be considered appropriately at a particular forum.
28. When will the results be announced and how will we get to know about the same?
The tentative date of Results Announcement has already been notified on web for the calendar. But it may pre pone or postpone considering the availability of Jury and in some cases where the assessment is not complete The winners will be intimated through email about the announcement of result and Awards ceremony. Others will be sent the Results Sheet followed by the Feedback Report from the Assessment Board.
29. Do you send Feedback Reports?
At the conclusion of the evaluation process, a written report incorporating the evaluators’ assessment of organization’s performance against the GPA Framework is forwarded. This report is written in terms of strengths and opportunities for improvement against the assessment criteria.
30. What is the basis of your evaluation and do you have any mark sheet/assessment criteria?
The basis of our evaluation is our mark sheet/assessment criteria which is different for different Awards.
31. What is the evaluation process?
The evaluation process recognizes a variety of conditions under which an organization conducts its activities. Evaluators are required to consider these factors in their assessment of the organization’s performance against the assessment criteria. The decision on whether to conduct a site visit or not, is made by the evaluation team at the short listing stage. Site visit is not an automatic part of the evaluation procedure for clarifying issues raised during the evaluation. The Awards Secretariat constitutes an Expert Evaluation Committee comprising from various sectors are invited to examine the applications. Each of the applications is reviewed independently by two assessors those satisfies the basic review requirements and are short listed for Awards. The applications are assessed on an exhaustive set of parameters as mentioned in the guidelines for a total score card of 1000 marks. Cut-off applied on each application is 80 percent. Entries occupying top positions are recommended for consideration of the Jury.
32. Who will be the Contact Person for any queries related to submission of our application forms?
33. Do you have the details of your upcoming events and where can I get access to the same?
Yes, we have the details of our upcoming events and the calendar is available on www.iodglobal.com.
34. How can I become an Assessor for the Golden Peacock Awards?
35. Do you have any consultant in preparing our application in order to improve our system?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer any consulting services. But we help and support while preparing the applications.
36. Do you have Word doc file for your application or only PDF file is available?
Due to security reasons, only PDF file of applications are available.
37. In order to make the payment towards registration fee, our organization will need a Vendor Code. How can you help us in completing the Vendor Code and who should we remain in touch?
38. Can we make the payment through Bank Transfer and are your Bank details available on your website for the same?
The payment can be made through Bank Transfer and the Bank details are available on our website www.goldenpeacockaward.com.
39. Are the Golden Peacock Awards a Registered Trademark?
Yes, the Golden Peacock Awards is a Registered Trademark. Please beware of imitation.
40. Can we use the Golden Peacock Award logo on our all promotional materials including literatures, websites and advertisements?
Award winners are eligible to use the Golden Peacock Award logo for one year on all promotional literatures, which evidences to all its customers and suppliers the highest accolade acclaimed by the company.
41. Does it involve any type of employee survey?
No. It will be as per the laid down in the application.
42. Will the applicant organization’s details be kept confidential?
All entries will be treated in strict confidence and the entire process is completely confidential.
43. Can the Award Winners apply for the same award in the consecutive years?
Yes, the Award Winners can apply for the same award in the consecutive years to maintain the momentum.
44. Can I know the names of applicant organizations, apart from the Winners, of this year’s awards?
Unfortunately, the names of applicant organizations, apart from the Winners, will not be disclosed under any circumstances.
********** THANK YOU **********